I have decided to post this info as a means of helping to explain what domestic abuse is and some
of the signs of abuse! My first marriage was a very abusive one. I stayed in that relationship for fourteen years before finally having the courage and the sense to leave it! My ex used all of the following behaviors to control my life! If you are experiencing any of these behavior patterns in your life then I encourage you to get help while you can!
Many people who are being abused do not see themselves as victims. Also, abusers do not see
themselves as being abusive. People often think of domestic violence as physical violence, such as hitting. However, domestic violence takes other forms, such as psychological, emotional, or sexual abuse.
Domestic violence is about one person in a relationship using a pattern of behaviors to control the
other person. It can happen to people who are married or not married; heterosexual, gay, or lesbian; living together, separated, or dating.
If your partner repeatedly uses one or more of the following to control you;
* pushing, hitting, slapping, choking, kicking, or biting
* threatening you, your children, other family members or pets
* threatening suicide to get you to do something
* using or threatening to use a weapon against you
* keeping or taking your paycheck
* puts you down or makes you feel bad
* forcing you to have sex or to do sexual acts you do not want or like
* keeping you from seeing your friends, family or from going to work
YOU HAVE BEEN ABUSED!!
Remember threatened or actual physical violence may be illegal. Consider calling the police for help!
National Domestic Violence Hotline 24-hours
Also Offers AT&T Language Line service free to victims TTY (800) 787-3224